POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Any idea how i can construct this? : Re: Any idea how i can construct this? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any idea how i can construct this?
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 19 Oct 2004 13:32:39
Message: <41754fb7@news.povray.org>
Qeldroma wrote:
> Perhaps, i need more time to learn blender so far as for learning how meshes
> will work?
> This evening i will have a deeper look onto meshes, thanks so far, hope this
> will do it.
>
> "Ulic Qeldroma" is the thing you've remembered ;-)

Yes - what book/fantasy was that?

Rings a bell somewhere - a desperately clanging one. Dagnabit! I hate it
when something is just "there" but I can't get a grip on it.

As regards meshes I think that might be the way to need to go to make an
irregular surface with folds and creases like I suppose the bike's
headlight fairing / guard looks like. If you don't like Blender or find
it too obtuse (many people find the interface distressing apparently)
try Wings3D - I've seen some people do incredible stuff with it as
regards mesh creation and editing.

O yeah - you might also want to take a look at Chris Colefax Compressed
Mesh Macro File package. This is a handy tool to make huge triangle
meshes smaller / more optimal - and it sounds like you will eventually
end up with a huge mesh for that headlight fairing.

Regards,
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician